12 Sept 2011

( stunning long island barn house )

WOW!!! As soon as I received this months House & Garden Magazine in the post, and saw this home on the cover, I got so excited! Just look at this barn-style holiday house built on a plot of farmland on the Atlantic coast of Long Island.
The Client considered buying an English barn and shipping it to the US, but realised that this would not be practical. They then contacted Architect Marc Turkel, known for his sympathetic approach to local building materials and techniques. On an Architectural level, the newly built barn-style house looks like it has been there for years... I just love the folding, louvred shutters. Internally, this huge space has been done so well. The sitting area with the double-sided chimney, has a summery bleached-oak floor, only adding to the purity of the comfortable and perfectly formed space. I desperately want all of the very well chosen dreamy furniture in this house :) 
Click on images to enlarge.

Taken by me at Milan Furniture Fair earlier this year :)

Images via House & Garden Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to any comments and questions as soon as I can. Happy viewing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover